Steps of the Recruitment Process:
1. Attend as many AED recruitment events as you can and mingle with other applicants, current members, and board members. This step is highly recommended and will have a HUGE impact on your acceptance/rejection. No official dress code is required to attend the meet and greets; however, please keep in mind that we are a pre-professional society!
Fall 2020 Recruitment Events:
Open chapter: September 13th 4:30 PM Virtually (Must fill out Recruitment updates form to receive Zoom link)
Tuesday, September 15th from 7:00 PM- 9:00 PM Virtually
Wednesday, September 16th from 7:00 PM- 9:00 PM Virtually
Thursday, September 17th from 7:00 PM- 9:00 PM Virtually
Friday, September 18th from 7:00 PM- 9:00 PM Virtually
2. Apply to AED by filling out the application located at the bottom of this page. If you do not see the application, the application is not open yet. Fall 2020 deadline: September 18th @ 11:59 PM.
3. Wait to be contacted by the AED executive board after submitting the completed application. AED will contact all candidates who submitted an application by email. An applicant will either be invited to an interview or be declined.
4. If the applicant is invited to an interview, he/she will need to attend their chosen interview time. More information will be sent via email with the time and place. Interviews will take place from September 23rd - 25th. Following the interview, the applicant will be notified if they are accepted or rejected based on evaluation from the AED board members.
5. An accepted applicant will need to fill out the new member form and submit it. The last step is to pay the new member dues.
6. If an accepted applicant does not turn in either the new member form or dues by the designated due date, the application process will be considered incomplete and the accepted applicant will be declined.
7. The application process is now complete and accepted members will be given information about the formal induction ceremony. Attending the formal induction ceremony is mandatory. If there is a conflict with your schedule and the induction date, contact AED at email@example.com.
A declined applicant can always re-apply the following semester and is encouraged to do so!
The Fall 2020 application deadline is Friday, September 18th at 11:59 PM.