Steps of the Recruitment Process:
1. Attend as many AED recruitment events as you can and mingle with other applicants, current members, and board members. This step is highly recommended and will have a HUGE impact on your acceptance/rejection. No official dress code is required to attend the meet and greets; however, please keep in mind that we are a pre-professional society!
Fall 2019 Recruitment Events:
Open chapter: September 8th 4:30 PM in PHRC 114 (Arrive 15 minutes early for check in; DRESS CODE: BUSINESS CASUAL***)
Monday, September 9th from 6:00 PM-8:00 PM Russell House Ballroom C
Wednesday, September 11th from 5:30 PM- 7:30 PM Russell House Ballroom A
Thursday, September 12th from 6:00 PM- 8:00 PM Russell House 304/305
2. Apply to AED by filling out the application located at the bottom of this page. If you do not see the application, the application is not open yet. Fall 2019 deadline: September 13th @ 11:59 PM.
3. Wait to be contacted by the AED executive board after submitting the completed application. AED will contact all candidates who submitted an application by email. An applicant will either be invited to an interview or be declined.
4. If the applicant is invited to an interview, he/she will need to attend their chosen interview time. More information will be sent via email with the time and place. Following the interview, the applicant will be notified if they are accepted or rejected based on evaluation from the AED board members.
5. An accepted applicant will need to fill out the new member form and submit it. The last step is to pay the new member dues.
6. If an accepted applicant does not turn in either the new member form or dues by the designated due date, the application process will be considered incomplete and the accepted applicant will be declined.
7. The application process is now complete and accepted members will be given information about the formal induction ceremony. Attending the formal induction ceremony is mandatory. If there is a conflict with your schedule and the induction date, contact AED at email@example.com.
A declined applicant can always re-apply the following semester and is encouraged to do so!
Want to stay up-to-date on AED recruitment? Sign up for email reminders below!
***We are currently not accepting applications for the Fall 2019 cycle.***
The Fall 2019 application deadline is Friday, September 13th at 11:59 PM.